Taco Place – Delicious recipes
– 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup sour cream
– 2 cups prepared salsa
– 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Monterey jack
– 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
– 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
– salt and pepper to taste
– 4 scallions, thinly sliced
– 14 soft, round 6-8 inch tortillas
In a baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the salsa over the bottom. Place about 1/3 cup of the filling on a tortilla, roll up and transfer to the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat process for remaining tortillas.
Pour remaining salsa over enchiladas, spreading to coat all of them. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Enchiladas may be made up to this point 12 hours in advance.
Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining scallions and serve warm. Enchiladas may be reheated, covered with aluminum foil.